1964 Thunderbird Door Ajar Light

spiter91
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all:

I am having issues with my 1964 Bird's door ajar light not working for either door. I replaced the bulb, but still it will not light up when either door is opened? I can't believe that both locking latches have issues. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Many thanks.

Al

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Yes, there is a brass connector that the wire hooks to at your locking device inside the door under the door handle. Clean those really good and make sure you’re getting 12 V from the light into the locking device. Make sure they’re not broken off. You might want to study the difference between the door ajar latch and the non ajar latch. Of course you’ll have to take the door panels off and follow the wire to the latch. I took mine off and polished them on the bench. They are brass and get dirty and lose contact

Yes, there is a brass connector that the wire hooks to at your locking device inside the door under the door handle. Clean those really good and make sure you’re getting 12 V from the light into the locking device. Make sure they’re not broken off. You might want to study the difference between the door ajar latch and the non ajar latch. Of course you’ll have to take the door panels off and follow the wire to the latch. I took mine off and polished them on the bench. They are brass and get dirty and lose contact

Thank you for your help. I'll take a look at everything tomorrow.

Hello all:

I am having issues with my 1964 Bird's door ajar light not working for either door. I replaced the bulb, but still it will not light up when either door is opened? I can't believe that both locking latches have issues. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Many thanks.

Al
I had to replace the door buttons up front. About 10 bucks for! Pat wilson

Back