1964 headliner help

Dj-Dan
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Good May 2021 and my 64 Thunderbird has a seam droppies...Now either before the Carlisle Ford Show I use a clear adhesive of some sorts to keep it together or replace it. Did Ford do the same thing as Mustangs where the front and rear glass hold the headliner in place or will it be simpler? Please, oh please any dooooos and don't sss in replacing headliner will truly appreciated. You members are always there for me. Sincerely, DJ-Dan (Forest Hill, Md)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'd look into adhesive spray that has some tack time. You can even make a small slit and if it has a snorkel tube to slip it in and smooth the material before it sets. Done it before on my wife's trailblazer where it was drooping next to the windshield.

My headliner also came down this winter due to moisture and condensation, I'm just going to replace mine as its 57 years old, rockauto sell new liners for around 85 bucks but putting it back it will be the challenge. 5 pieces with 4 hangers and all that trim on top needs to come off to resuture back in. Getting mine done September time and it's gonna set me back around 600 pounds, (1000$)

Back