1964 convertible deck lid won't go down

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Deck lid will go down when top is down. Deck lid will not go down when top is up even though flap is in proper closed position.
Would it be deck flap limit switch, how do I adjust that? Would it be relay? Thanks

Sorry for the confusion, it was just a related thought, not a fix for the limit switches.
Ha! Thanks.

For the OP, check this thread:
Reference post: https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/1965-convertible-top-problems.9407/

I believe it will be hard to troubleshoot without being there. I have found most of the mechanics on the roof to be intuitive. A cup of coffee, the schematics and some quiet, you should be able to figure it out. Best of luck!

Deck lid will go down when top is down. Deck lid will not go down when top is up even though flap is in proper closed position.
Would it be deck flap limit switch, how do I adjust that? Would it be relay? Thanks
Rotter
I just got my roof working using the shop manual. As mentioned, I had replaced all the relay plugs - not an easy job. In any case, after the repair, the flap would go up then nothing…. It took me about an hour of troubleshooting when I discovered I had switched two plugs between two relays.
The manual has very good schematics, diagrams and troubleshooting chart.
Shoot me a PM and I’ll provide you with the pages needed if you don’t have the Shop manual.
FYI, the limit switches for the flap are on a puck just above the flap motor. I would recommend going through the troubleshooting chart though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back