1963 A/C vacuum problems

AV8R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I just purchased a 1963 hardtop Thunderbird the air conditioning is not working I've narrowed it down to a vacuum problem. I made a jumper and connected a direct line from the vacuum canister directly to the vacuum controller on the back of the heater control but my doors are very slow and hardly move at all but we'll move with some help. I did see that they are two vacuum lines going into the firewall in the engine bay one is small that goes to the vacuum controller and my question is what does the larger vacuum line connect to after it goes inside? And is there a such of thing as a complete vacuum diagram for the 1963?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi, might be a guess as I've a 62 but the smaller goes into the heater control and the other larger could be the wiper motor.

Thanks for the info. i may be loosing vacuum some where inside as the heat and cooling doors dont want to open with out help.

Back