1962 Thunderbird

Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can anybody recommend a mechanic/service/repair in or near Springfield Illinois? I need first to get my power windows fixed for summer. Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Why can't you work on it? For windows I would check fuses to start with. Maybe spray the window switches with some contact cleaner (make sure it's non-flammable)

Why can't you work on it? For windows I would check fuses to start with. Maybe spray the window switches with some contact cleaner (make sure it's non-flammable)
Unfortunately, I have a vision impairment and it's difficult to see things close up. I do have a shop manual which indicates circuit breakers for the power windows but not where such breakers are located. The manual also indicates no fuse box control over the windows. Thanks for your feedback. I will spray the switches.

Hi. I had the same problem with my 63 bird. The circuit breaker should be located on the firewall/bulkhead in the middle. The wires poke Through the panel just bellow the circuit breaker . There should be only 3 wires if I remember correctly.
Remember it will only be the circuit breaker if none of the windows work correctly. If one works it could be a different problem.

Back