1962 Thunderbird Hood Issue

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
HELLO
I am working on my Aunts 1962 Thunderbird. The issue is the hood will not open. How can I open the hood? The cable pull on the left lower side of the drivers side is stuck.
Any advice on how to open this is appreciated. I pulled on the hood release and it move about 1 inch and no more.
Thanks for the help!

Have someone pull the lever while another puts pressure up and down over front center hood latch like you are doing cpr. Hood latch might be adjusted too tight pushing down might release the pressure, it that makes any sense.

I'd also spray some PG blaster penetrant on the cable at the head end. I had the same problem with my E brake cable. Sprayed , worked it a few times, and now works.

HELLO
I am working on my Aunts 1962 Thunderbird. The issue is the hood will not open. How can I open the hood? The cable pull on the left lower side of the drivers side is stuck.
Any advice on how to open this is appreciated. I pulled on the hood release and it move about 1 inch and no more.
Thanks for the help!
Try having someone else pull on the handle and at the same time you push up and down, up and down on the hood and hope it pops. If it opens, don't close it until you lube the hell out of everything. Good Luck!

HELLO
Thanks for the help!
I have a 1962 Convertible . If you look through the grill right in the center under the latch there is a small metal bar that points straight down. Put a long screwdriver or dowel though and push the bar back. Should pop the hood. At least that is the way mine works.

Back