1962 Sports Roadster trunk part

62Redbird
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm looking for the flip lid portion of the trunk lid. the section that folds under when closing the lid.
Also the stainless panels for the two doors

That's a very difficult part to find. It took me years to get one. I still need several pieces to complete the mechanical system for the top.
What is wrong with yours?

That's a very difficult part to find. It took me years to get one. I still need several pieces to complete the mechanical system for the top.
What is wrong with yours?
Its missing. Car was moved from Ohio to Tennessee years ago and the part got misplaced.

When I found mine I actually saw 3 for sale all in one week. All were on the East coast. All were in the 500-700.00 dollar range and none were perfect. I got mine from a member here who was parting out a convertible that had rust issues. If I can remember where I saw the others I'll check those sites. I have had my car nearly 16 years and still need a few parts. The few I saw in wrecking yards online should have had them but they couldn't figure out what I was talking about.
I wish you good luck. Will help if I can.

Thanks Harley. I have owned many fords over the years. I recently found this 62 that had been in a storage container for over 20 years.
I bought it not knowing much about T Bs and thought it was just a regular convertible. When I had it for a few weeks I started researching the history of 62 and 63 TBS and found that what I had purchased was a 62-roadster built sept 20th 1961 during the first week of production. I have also received the gate release papers from Marti works based on all three 2Y85Z...... Vin numbers on the car. I have also have most of the cars ownership history. unfortunately, due to its moving around the trunk. So my search for these parts begine part got lost and a minor few parts

Attachments

• IMG_20220926_183605274.jpg
    IMG_20220926_183605274.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20220917_172234673.jpg
    IMG_20220917_172234673.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
Back