1960 Autolite 4100 1.12 Carburetor replacement......

89chargedbird

89chargedbird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Greetings All,
I am going to replace my Autolite 4100 1.12 Carburetor and would like everyone's input on which Carb should I get to replace the old one. I have seen some for sale for about $500.00, that is why I asking for some idea's.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

If you're replacing for a performance boost, then I'd recommend the Holly Ultra Street Avenger , with the model depending on how much performance upgrades were done on the whole car. I like the 670 if it's nothing huge (heads? exhaust/manifold? stroke kit?) and larger if you did those things I mentioned. I know our mderator will replace this for the site's benifit but here's my version of the link:
. . . in pretty Ford blue with a Ford kickdown plate. I recommend someone who knows carbs to help you set it up.
If you're yanking the Autolite because it's crappy (and many think it's both bulletproof but boring) or it's shot, then the Holley Street Demon 625 is just the ticket. Despite the 4100's rating with the bigger venturis the 1.12 has, test show it doesn't hit 600 ACTUAL CFM. The 625 will give you a very noticeable boost and can usually be self-installed; they set these up before shipping to be close to where you need them to be.
BTW I notice the link above has been replaced and doesn't work, so just go to Amazon and search "Street Demon 625 composite".
It's phenol composite fuel bowl runs cooler than most so you avoid gas boiling in the fuel bowl. It's VERY affordable too (far under your $500).
Any way you go, remember: SQUARE BORE. And be careful of the hood clearance, especially if you have the carb pad Ford put underneath them to keep the bowls cool. If it's there, KEEP IT. If you can't, use a wedge (TBirds have no front-to-back slope like the Galaxies etc) and an insulating gasket. If you need them, I can send you links.

Last edited:
I just finished replacing my 4100 with a 625 Street Demon. It was an easy install with no adjustments needed worked great right out of the box.
I put it on a 65 with a 390

Back