1957 What is approx size of compartment behind the seat?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
V
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi,
Many years ago, our family of 4 drove across the US in a 57 that my dad loved--three in the front and one lying on a wooden bench that my dad installed behind the seat. We did it because we knew how much he loved the car and would have hated to see him sell it. My brother and I took turns back there. Wondering if someone could tell me what the approx. size is for that area. Only stayed 2 nights in a motel to get across. Amazing to remember how we did that w/out AC and in the summer too!
Thanks!

Hi,
Many years ago, our family of 4 drove across the US in a 57 that my dad loved--three in the front and one lying on a wooden bench that my dad installed behind the seat. We did it because we knew how much he loved the car and would have hated to see him sell it. My brother and I took turns back there. Wondering if someone could tell me what the approx. size is for that area. Only stayed 2 nights in a motel to get across. Amazing to remember how we did that w/out AC and in the summer too!
Thanks!
Don't see how that would have been possible. The space is big enough for the folding top to store, so I suppose of it was not with the car a little kid might lay back there, but it would be mighty tight.

Back