1957 T-bird Choke Tube assembly unknown

Zoopie

Zoopie

Last seen
Here is a picture of my choke tube assembly, nothing like the ones in the parts catalogs. The brass fitting was jammed into top of bolt and goes to the bottom of the bolt which is hollow, but closed at the end. You can see one of the 4 holes on the bolt facings. Anyone know what this is from, and it seems to have worked!
thanks-
cam

upload_2018-11-12_14-20-3.png

Here is a picture of my choke tube assembly, nothing like the ones in the parts catalogs. The brass fitting was jammed into top of bolt and goes to the bottom of the bolt which is hollow, but closed at the end. You can see one of the 4 holes on the bolt facings. Anyone know what this is from, and it seems to have worked!
thanks-
cam

View attachment 2706
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I have a similar tube epoxied into the intake manifold.

Ah, too late!! How's you mixture, mine runs rich and this could be the cause.

thanks-
cam

View attachment 2706
Clearly non stick. I would guess that someone made it to
thanks-
cam

View attachment 2706

This is a home made fix for a corroded choke heater tube. If your choke works properly, I would leave it alone. If your intake manifold is off the engine, you should (or could) repair the corroded heating tube back to stock.

Reposting this again for eyes on it. I got a used intake manifold and want to replace the choke tube assembly. Anyone have experience doing this, drilling it out, heat doesn't make sense, penetrating oil-may not be enough on the planet! Anybody?

Found my own answer, there is a punch tool which is a stepped design; 1st step sits inside the tube, second fits on top of the tube, hammer away without disfiguring the tube. $11.00 was the price. Intake manifold must be off to replace tube. Hops this helps someone else.

Back