1957 hard top OEM verification

Shaun Martin

Shaun Martin

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anybody know how to verify if a hardtop is an OEM part or not. I cant find a website to plug any of the numbers Ive been given to verify.
Here is what Ive been given:
UP -GF30
1W63 - 7650202 - AF
VT - 3895

that is stamped on the top.

Thanks for any help!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have never seen any ID marks on my top unless they are under the head liner. Check what you have with the supplier and see if they sell what you have. I've seen a couple of aftermarket tops and they have no headliner.

I have never seen any ID marks on my top unless they are under the head liner. Check what you have with the supplier and see if they sell what you have. I've seen a couple of aftermarket tops and they have no headliner.
Thanks Ward57. Yes....its under the headliner. Thanks for the insight.

Funny thing :)
Last year I did a resto on my top.
stripped all glass/hdw/and headliner had it repainted then set to work replacing headliner, never did one of those before
Then replaced all the glass and latches.
never saw any numbers anywhere??
Course I wasn’t looking for numbers either

Does anybody know how to verify if a hardtop is an OEM part or not. I cant find a website to plug any of the numbers Ive been given to verify.
UP -GF30
1W63 - 7650202 - AF
VT - 3895

Thanks for any help!
Does it have a headliner?
Does it have portholes as shown in dealer catalogs?
or
If it has no portholes, does it have a small round medallion with Thunderbird logo?
Do the latches look like the illustrations in catalog?
Do the seals look like catalog illustrations?
Do the trim pieces look like catalog illustrations?
Does it look like the tops in reference books about Thunderbirds ?
If you can answer all the questions yes, then you probably have a factory top which will be too heavy to pick up and install by yourself.
Lastly, compare it with someone else's top.
Good luck, J.

The biggest way to know is by the weight.

UP -GF30
1W63 - 7650202 - AF
VT - 3895

Thanks for any help!
I know I have an original hard top for my 57, where do you see the stamp specifically?

Back