1957 front sway bar diameter

F

farmerdick

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
1957. What is the diameter of a stock 57 front sway bar: 1/2, 5/8, or 7/8 inches? Looking to go up to a stiffer bar. Thank you.

If my memory serves me, 5/8" with 7/8" being the common repacement. Of course there was none in the rear but the kit I purchased
(Addco) provides 7/8" F & R.
I've got an extra rear one (new Addco) if you're interested.
art

I was thinking it might be the 7/8" dia but wasn`t sure. I What would you be looking to get for it + shipping?

I was thinking it might be the 7/8" dia but wasn`t sure. I What would you be looking to get for it + shipping?
How about $75? I don’t know what shipping might be. That will depend on where you are. As you can imagine it’s pretty bulky but it’s still in its original box- unopened. It was back ordered and I happened to find a used one while waiting and this on finally showed up.
I’m in Columbia, SC.

5/8" is stock. 7/8" is a heavier duty upgrade, will help stiffen up your front end.

Hello, I am very interested in buying the sway bar. I live in central Maine. My son lives in Somerville S.C. Let me contact him and see if we can work out a less expensive shipping. I will get back to you ASAP. Thank you.
Richard

I don`t think he would be too excited about taking a road trip. So if you could get a shipping quote we we have a deal.
Richard

I don`t think he would be too excited about taking a road trip. So if you could get a shipping quote we we have a deal.
Richard
Hi Richard, great, it’s been taking up space in my garage for a few years now. Let me see if I can get some kind of “online” estimate
and get back to you.
Unfortunately we are heading out of town on vacation with our daughter and family leaving tomorrow and will be gone for 2 weeks.
Are you in a rush for it?

Hi Richard, great, it’s been taking up space in my garage for a few years now. Let me see if I can get some kind of “online” estimate
and get back to you.
Unfortunately we are heading out of town on vacation with our daughter and family leaving tomorrow and will be gone for 2 weeks.
IMG_9085.jpegIMG_9083.jpegIMG_9086.png
and get back to you.
I don’t know exactly where you are in Maine so this is just an estimate and it would be several days until it arrives. Again this an Addco #308 rear sway bar.

Not at all. Have a great and safe vacation. Talk to you when you get back. Just let know what payment method. We are 7 miles west of Augusta Maine Thank you.
Richard

Back