1956 Thunderbird Fordomatic Servo Adjustment Specifications

doug7740

doug7740

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am rebuilding a Fordomatic transmission and I do not have special tool 7225 front band adjustment wrench or special tool 7195 rear band adjustment wrench. These special tools are used to adjust the band adjusting screw to the proper torque before backing off the band adjusting screw. The instructions state that you should use these special tools to tighten the adjusting screw until it overruns. Since I do not have these special tools, does anyone know what the torque specification is for adjusting the front servo and rear servo?

Doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Also do a search on the internet as there is a special way to fill the transmission. You put x amount of fluid in and then run the transmission for a couple minutes and then you put in more transmission fluid. There is a pdf that explains how to do it on the net. This also pertains to when you change the fluid as you have to drain the converter via a plug in it. While in the navy I rebuilt a few of these. Love the fact that you can take the torque converter apart and clean it and you can rebuild them yourself. Very easy transmission to rebuild and so is the torque flight transmission.

Dale,

The band adjusting procedure was exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you so much.

Doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Bule

Back