1956 Speedometer fitting ratio?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
odlewis
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi
Can someone tell me if the 90 degree speedo fitting at the transmission a 1:1 ratio? Also does it turn in reverse or direct?
Thanks M.L.

Hi
Can someone tell me if the 90 degree speedo fitting at the transmission a 1:1 ratio? Also does it turn in reverse or direct?
Thanks M.L.
Not sure of the ratio. Im fairly sure it rotates the cable in reverse. But I'll check this afternoon if no one chimes in with an absolute response.

Not sure of the ratio. Im fairly sure it rotates the cable in reverse. But I'll check this afternoon if no one chimes in with an absolute response.
The cable is turned in reverse, and from what I marked on my angle drive, the speedometer gear (now made of plastic) does turn my cable very close to 1:1. I have seen different speedometer gears sold at the Thunderbird houses offer different teeth count. Mine has 19 teeth.

Attachments

• 20190709_172253.jpg
    20190709_172253.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
The cable is turned in reverse, and from what I marked on my angle drive, the speedometer gear (now made of plastic) does turn my cable very close to 1:1. I have seen different speedometer gears sold at the Thunderbird houses offer different teeth count. Mine has 19 teeth.
Thanks

Back