1956 Low back bucket seat installation

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Greetings fellow 'Bird lovers,

I've got a '56 that I want to put buckets seats into, has anyone had any experience in this department? The idea being to get a seat in it and as far back as it can go, to make any bit of additional room for my big keister. Any information and ideas will be greatly appreciated.

I've got a '56 that I want to put buckets seats into, has anyone had any experience in this department? The idea being to get a seat in it and as far back as it can go, to make any bit of additional room for my big keister. Any information and ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Some guys tell me that the seats out of the early Mustangs will work. I don't know for sure myself. I bought seats from a 64/65 Thunderbird to put into my car. I haven't tried a fit up as of yet. I'm a long way from that with my body off the frame and hanging in the rotisserie. The good thing about using Mustang or Thunderbird seats is the ease of getting foam / upholstery to rebuild the seats if needed.

Hi Teabird, as far as seats go I’ve talked to several people about the comfort of the original seats and most agree that on a trip of any distance they aren’t the most comfortable. As far as buckets that would be an alternative I’m not sure yet but this morning at my local garage I saw a sweet set of buckets with a nice ergonomically correct headrest. They were on a 2015 5.0 Mustang. Probably gonna have to look at the early Mustangs as Fordrodsteven advised. Let us know what you find and good luck.

I have seen early Mustang seats, and late model Mazda seats used among others. I have Fiat spyder seats that are also the same as Alfa seats.

Back