1956 Hood is stuck in open position

Tbird Girl TX

Tbird Girl TX

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I opened my hood to remove the battery and now it is stuck in the open position. When I try to close it only one side releases to go down. Is there another release or trick for the driver side?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I opened my hood to remove the battery and now it is stuck in the open position. When I try to close it only one side releases to go down. Is there another release or trick for the driver side?
No, there are no other releases especially keeping it open. it's pretty much counterbalanced and uses gravity to stay open. Most likely the spring is hung up if the hinge itself is in good shape. My hood used to grind whenever opening. I sprayed some PB Blaster on the springs & hinges and it works smoother than it has in years.

It sounds like you've got to lubricate both hinges, even the one that works . Squirt oil on the stuck hinge and move the hood back and forth so the oil gets to the right spot. Keep oiling until it finally releases. Then wipe up the mess. I'd grease your hood pins as well.

Back