1955 home chrome kits

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
JRH

JRH

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone tried the home chrome kits I'm thinking about doing some small parts on my 55 such as the shiftier parts and the chrome lid for the air breather. Any input would be grateful. Or the chrome paint for the parts, I have a couple quotes for re chrome the lid itself was 350.00 to 400.00 I tried several venders but it seems nobody has them in stock.

I have used Caswell Chrome plating kits for some small parts on other projects with some success but nothing as big as a shifter bezel or an air cleaner lid.
I have tried many chrome paints in the past but have not found anything that comes close to the reflectivity and surface quality of actual chrome plating.

A buddy of mine that's repainting my 55 and has a Furturechrome setup. Had it for a couple years but never use it. I think we're going to give it a try, the air cover is rusty anyway. Have to sand blast and hand sand it smooth before we attempt. Looking forward to practice and possibly start farming it out to other classic car hobbyist. He has a spray booth to keep everything clean. I've done some powder coating before with decent results but sold all the gear I had some years ago.

Back