1955 choke tube installation help

elan71
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi
My 55 T-Bird was missing the 9820 tube. I have now ordered a new one.
Now I do not know exactly how the pipe is installed? I know where the holes are in the carburetor and in the intake manifold but where is it guided long? Does anyone have pictures of how it must be?
9864 and 9860 are still in the intake manifold. Do they have to be removed to install the pipe? If so, how?

Thanks in advance!
Daniel

choke_tube.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Daniel,

I always remove the retaining nut from the intake manifold so I can clean the 1/8 inch holes that are inside the retaining nut. The heat riser tube goes through the retaining nut until it contacts the heat riser tube assembly.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Choke 2.jpg
Automatic Choke Diagram.jpg
Choke.jpg

Choke 3.jpg

While installing a rebuilt Holley 4000 with an automatic choke, the nipple on the heat tube that goes into the intake manifold broke off. Fortunately, it did not fall into the intake. The question is, can the elbow be heated and removed etc… from the heat tube and a new elbow installed? Also, looking at the available elbows online, there appear to be three or four different choices. Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated!

CASCO sells the choke tube, the choke tube control and the choke tube nut. There are two different choke tubes that they sell, the only difference is that one tube is stainless steel and the other is not. The choke tube control is in a well in the intake manifold and will not fall in the intake.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Choke Tube.jpg

Choke Tube 2.jpg

Choke Tube 3.jpg

Hi
My 55 T-Bird was missing the 9820 tube. I have now ordered a new one.
Now I do not know exactly how the pipe is installed? I know where the holes are in the carburetor and in the intake manifold but where is it guided long? Does anyone have pictures of how it must be?
9864 and 9860 are still in the intake manifold. Do they have to be removed to install the pipe? If so, how?

Thanks in advance!
Daniel

View attachment 25420
Take the fuel lines off, unbolt the carb lift and insert tube then reverse the process.

Back