1955 Build Sheet

Thunderbird Year
Is it possible to get a build sheet for my 1955 Thunderbird? Most of the build sheet thread info is out of date. Is there a place I can have one created from my VIN?

doug7740

Thunderbird Year
If the serial number of your 1955 Thunderbird is after 232241 and you are a CTCI member, you can purchase the original factory invoice for your car from CTCI.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Invoice.jpg

Thunderbird Year
Is it possible to get a build sheet for my 1955 Thunderbird? Most of the build sheet thread info is out of date. Is there a place I can have one created from my VIN?
The "build sheet" was paper that was haphazardly left in cars, it was not meant to be part of the delivery. They were usually attached to seat, carpet, or trim panel pieces. Sometimes the line workers would stuff them into cars just to get rid of them to keep their area clean. It is very common to find a build sheet for a different car other than our own, for instance Lincolns with Thunderbirds, or different cars of the same make. Here is a picture of a Thunderbird build sheet (top) with a Lincoln attached to it. Notice the consecutive rotation numbers. So to answer your question, "No", a true and accurate build sheet is impossible to produce. You would have to know the actual and scheduled dates of production, the rotation number, and component codes for the various items to be installed. Don't pay money to someone who suggests they can produce a build sheet.
2Y82H420827-and-2Y83Z146637.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: