1955 Air Conditioning Model Information

Selfrich

Selfrich

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have air conditioning added to my 1955 Thunderbird. I would like to get some additional information about it. Was it a dealer install? Model? Rarity? I have attached a picture of the unit in the car. It does have the older style Ford logo on the face. The compressor and all other pieces are hidden in front of the radiator except the pump. The pump is a newer small pump. It works great.
20221221_110601.jpg20221026_152211.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The evaporator and housing (inside the car) are probably from a 1964-66 Mustang. It is probably a kit made from several different parts but if it works, that is all that counts.

The underdash evap unit is '64/'65 ('66 had a black 'camera case' finish rather than the satin silver paint). The compressor is a much newer rotary type/Sanden style unit - much more efficient than the early units.

The evaporator and housing (inside the car) are probably from a 1964-66 Mustang. It is probably a kit made from several different parts but if it works, that is all that counts.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I found this YouTube video on how to restore the unit also.

Thanks again.

Back