04 bird stuck in limp after winter storage

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Last fall I put the bird away for winter. My bad, I failed to put a battery tender on it. When I went to pull it out of storage the battery was completely dead. We put a boost charger on and had running in 10 minutes. My problem is now it's stuck in limp mode and has no connection between gas pedal and throttle body.
I've disconnected the negative battery cable , reconnected. I still can not get wrench icon to go away.
Can someone with more knowledge than I please help?
Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

No kidding, I had almost the exact same story with mine this month. Dead battery, jump started, then little to no power to the motor. I made it out of the driveway coasting, but then I couldn't get over 40mph on the road. I was stuck in limp mode. My problem turned out to be a broken transmission. My transmission has to be completely rebuilt.

That's not it. It ran flawlessly when I put it away. It's got to be something simple that I'm just not aware of.

Back