03 TBird Windshield Washer Problem

Steve809

Steve809

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Since I first bought the car the windshield washer pump has not worked. When I push the button for the washer I don't hear any noise from the pump. Checked the fuses and they look okay. Any thoughts?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Have you made any head way I have the same issue was trying to track down all the leaks then bam motor stopped spraying thought I burned the motor up so changed motor checked all fuses an tried it an nothing

Did you change both fuses? There are 2 one is F1-24 located in fuse box under the hood. The other is F2-26 located in fuse box passenger foot well on the wall at passenger's right foot.

Next is to know if the pump is getting battery voltage. Key off, disconnect C137 at the pump. Key ON, measure voltage on pin one wire color is red/white Voltage is read while pressing the multifunction switch to the wash position.
Voltage must be greater than 10 v.
Got 10+ volts? YES then check other wire in same plug, black/ white wire to ground. Should be less than 5 ohms. Got it? NO repair the wiring. YES needs a new pump motor.
IF there isn't 10+ volts at the pump plug then you have to dig deeper.
Key off disconnect C110 at the wiper motor up by the windshield. Measure the resistance between C110-4 to C137-1. Resistance should be less than 5 ohms. NO repair the wiring.
YES check for correct wiper motor operation. Operation not correct, needs new wiper motor.
Operation correct retest washer pump.
All okay ? Could have been loose pins or corrosion
Note: wiper motor can bind up during operation, it will turn itself off which also shuts down washer pump. Binding can come from pivot arm being out if adjustment.
Hope all of this helps.

Sorry I've been away I'm back with the car now going through to test everything now

Back