03 TBird Radiator?

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone had to replace radiator? I am having small leak after some drive time, under left side of car front (looking from hood to cabin). I have checked hoses and inspected as much as can be seen without tear-down. I do see some coolant residue on left side of radiator, seemingly going down the side grooves. I bought car used, believe radiator is original. Doesn't appear to be hard repair job. Is there something else to check or some way to make sure it is radiator itself?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Could be a leak at the dual temperature control valves. They are the back side of the radiator half way or so down from the top. Located on the passenger side of the car. You'll see small hoses & some wiring.

Could be a leak at the dual temperature control valves. They are the back side of the radiator half way or so down from the top. Located on the passenger side of the car. You'll see small hoses & some wiring.
I've seen others talk about this; I check the hoses as best can but cannot see any liquid residue from them on on the control valve itself.

You could take car to a independent garage that can pressure test the whole cooing system. That would be probably the best way to determine a link.

Glad you found the leak. Wondering if this could be repaired by a radiator shop with a weld. Don't have the slightest idea if this is even possible. Just a thought.

Glad you found the leak. Wondering if this could be repaired by a radiator shop with a weld. Don't have the slightest idea if this is even possible. Just a thought.
Where the leak is appears to be the plastic part of the radiator; the grill part also has some dents, etc, think it might be original part; only paid $55 for replacement on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back