03 dome/map lights

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
when my mirror dome and map lights are plugged in, stay on all the time; pushing buttons does not turn them off. Is there a way to get the mirror off to check internal wiring, etc., or does anyone have suggestions/remedies?

when my mirror dome and map lights are plugged in, stay on all the time; pushing buttons does not turn them off. Is there a way to get the mirror off to check internal wiring, etc., or does anyone have suggestions/remedies?
I had the same issue. Try reducing the dash lite intensity whit the wheel to the left of the steering wheel. In my case, by reducing the strength of the dash lites the dome lite went off shortly thereafter. The higher intensity the longer the dome light stays on up to 20 minutes. Hope it works for you

I had the same issue and Yes turn the wheel down just a hair and all work fine since

Not sure if the dimmer switch is the problem. My bird had the same problem and I couldn't get the map lights to turn off no matter what I did, eventually my battery drained. I thought, Ill just remove the bulbs, problem solved. But no. I then installed an aftermarket auto-dimming mirror after that. Love the new mirror and no issues of course, since.

I had the same issue. Try reducing the dash lite intensity whit the wheel to the left of the steering wheel. In my case, by reducing the strength of the dash lites the dome lite went off shortly thereafter. The higher intensity the longer the dome light stays on up to 20 minutes. Hope it works for you
thx, it seems to work just fine.

Not sure if the dimmer switch is the problem. My bird had the same problem and I couldn't get the map lights to turn off no matter what I did, eventually my battery drained. I thought, Ill just remove the bulbs, problem solved. But no. I then installed an aftermarket auto-dimming mirror after that. Love the new mirror and no issues of course, since.
working ok now, if I ever do decide to get a different mirror, can you tell me where you got yours and how you get the old mirror off?

I am new to this sit
Where did you get the mirror, my map lights will not turn offq

had the same problem last night, could turn dome light off but floor lights stayed on.(new owner in December) took me awhile to figure out the dimmer thing but it worked too. then I looked at the dimmer switch! it actually shows picture of the dome light on it.

I found that the switches are bad in the lights themselves. If I hold the switch half way in the lights would go out.

Map and courtesy lights would not turn off. Rotated the dash light dimmer wheel down slightly, problem solved..................Thanks for the help

Back