02 thunderbird strange electrical

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve stein

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My dad has a 02 tbird, the car is doing some weird things, wipers don't work, horn, drivers window, instrument cluster lights, all don't work, drivers door chime keeps going and indicator says door is open..., disconnect battery and reconnect all good for a bit...then starts all over, could this be a body control module?

Sounds like a clock spring has given up. Try the "Search button" above and you may see similar situations and resolutions

This is from the "Same But Different Department." I've been calling them ghosts in the electrical system. Driver door open light on. Passenger door drop down doesn't work - open the door, window drops then pops right back up. CD player says it's full, press eject and it says empty! Auto headlight function doesn't work. Any ideas? Help much appreciated, this is driving me nuts! Thanks!

1) If he bought it used, ask at a ford or Lincoln dealer if anything was previously diagnosed on the OSASIS System.
2) If not that go to a Lincoln dealer hook it up to their OASIS System for a diagnosis and cost to repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back