1966 heater core replacement

Sun lover

Sun lover

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need to replace the heater core in My 66. I have the old one out and I am looking for advice on the best quality replacement available. Any suggestions? I certainly don't want to tackle this job again!

I agree. Removing the heater core is a pain in the ass. To make future removal easier I eliminated the need to access the back screws by installing a retainer clip at the back. I just slide the core in and the clip holds the back end in place.

Attachments

• DSC01373-1.jpg
    DSC01373-1.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
  • DSC01374.JPG
    DSC01374.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 8
I agree. Removing the heater core is a pain in the ass. To make future removal easier I eliminated the need to access the back screws by installing a retainer clip at the back. I just slide the core in and the clip holds the back end in place.
Sounds like a good idea! It took Me all day to remove the heater box. Where did You purchase the replacement core?

I need to replace the heater core in My 66. I have the old one out and I am looking for advice on the best quality replacement available. Any suggestions? I certainly don't want to tackle this job again!
I'm trying to find a video or instructions as to how to remove the heater box on my 1964 bird .

Sounds like a good idea! It took Me all day to remove the heater box. Where did You purchase the replacement core?
“The Bird Nest” in Oregon, Thunderbird Headquarters, or Concours Parts. Even Rock Auto.com

I went to "birdnest" to get my replacement for my 65. Works fine

Back