1957 Securing the plenum air valve control crank cable

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
J

jsonny

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I can not find a hold down device for the crank heater cable so the door does not completely close even though it does when I manually move the crank by hand. Illustrations show the Crank mechanism positioned differently on the plenum but on mine the Dash Heater Control Cable near the plenum connection is too loose to completely close the heater door. There is no way I could normally install a cable hold down device on the plenum due to the direction of the crank and cable.

some photos would help

some photos would help
Hope the photo arrived. The silver cable is my trouble spot. It shows the Defrost position. Holding the cable, I can move the Crank down past the screw for the floor heater position, but there is no place to place the hold cable hold down. Temp solution was to tape this cable to another cable going to the dash. As mentioned, the Ford illustrations I have seen have the plenum reversed from my setup. Thanks for your help.

Sorry, I went on a cruise and just returned. The clip that holds that cable is on the extension that distributed head to the floor of the cabin. I do not have a 57 but my 55 and 56 is made that way and I believe that the 57 is also. Dan

As Cokefirst responded, the cable is held by mount attached to the 18471-R heater chamber.
See photo

Attachments

• 20221020_073409.jpg
    20221020_073409.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 20221020_073058.jpg
    20221020_073058.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Back