1957 Tonneau top attachment

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
This has been interesting, I had to look at my invoice. It was built with the hard top, soft top and tonneau. That has been my reference all these years. When I was thinking Drop curtain I was thinking about the one that is part of the trunk liner set-up. There is one that hangs inside the trunk with matching trunk pattern.

Wow! If you go to any Tbird parts suppliers' websites and search "Drop Curtains," you will not find a "Drop Curtain" that matches the back-and-white plaid trunk mat to which you just referred. "Drop Curtains" are the same color as the car's interior. The tonneau cover should also be the same color.

Wow! If you go to any Tbird parts suppliers' websites and search "Drop Curtains," you will not find a "Drop Curtain" that matches the back-and-white plaid trunk mat to which you just referred. "Drop Curtains" are the same color as the car's interior. The tonneau cover should also be the same color.
That's why I was confused. The trunk curtain is not listed or sold separately. I had no reference for the interior curtain as I had never seen one.

On p.89 of Concours Parts catalog, you will find Part " 45457-RB Trunk Mat Set, which includes the plaid hanging curtain. $89.95 for the set. Concours frequently has 10%-off sales, and there's no tax, if you don't live in Nevada. Drop curtains can be found on p.4, and tonneau covers can be found on p. 5.

Yep; the original build sheet that came with the car listed the Tonneau cover for $ 15.00 !

Back