How many miles on your 57?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
R

richsfords

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just purchased a 57 with documented plus 245000 miles, with every receipt known for everything. Every tire, engine repair etc.

I have heard of others with more miles, just wondering where it stood in the baby bird world.
Richard

I am at the other extreme-48,700 original miles with every receipt since August, 1957.

130,200. Bought it over 40 years ago with if I remember had about 80K with an ice cracked engine. So I guess I've got about 50K on the engine and runs great. Definitely a driver and not a trailer queen.

In early December I bought a Colonial white 1957, with HT no PS or PB, with a perfect bright red interior . It showed 37,206 miles. Except for an obvious engine/trans rebuild and replacement of hoses and such in the engine compartment it looked stock. The restoration shop, after looking it over, thought it was perfectly stock and correct miles. No rust anywhere but needing brakes replaced and much of the rubber weather stripping. It's been in the shop getting upgrades to make it a dependable driver. Power 4 wheel disc brakes, COSCO Enhanced handling kit, new radio, convertible top since it didn't come with one and electric wipers, LED license plate light and 15" steering wheel.

Back