Making my tail lights and turn signals brighter 1969 thunderbird

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
OneAmongOthers

OneAmongOthers

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Is there anyway I can make my tail lights any brighter? They are not very bright during the day. Front turn signals seem fine, but the rear lights are a problem with glare off the back of the car.

Is there anyway I can make my tail lights any brighter? They are not very bright during the day. Front turn signals seem fine, but the rear lights are a problem with glare off the back of the car.

The best solution is to upgrade to "Plasma" LED bulbs. They are about twice as bright yet only draw 1/7th the current.

On a late 1969 Thunderbird (with the black box sequencer), conversion requires a new sequential flasher board (C9WY-13A366-AL), two led flashers (DOWY-13350-L), and eight rear WCCC1157R bulbs.

For the early 1969 Thunderbirds (with the electro-mechanical sequential flasher), a new under-dash indicator relay (C8SZ-13A366-DR) and eight rear WCCC1157R bulbs are needed.

Vic Yarberry

Last edited by a moderator:
Back