Battery Tender

4PacificBird

4PacificBird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Last edited by a moderator:
That's curious. Can't think of any reason for that to be car-specific. Have you checked the battery voltage at the point that it should be fully charged? Should be about 13.25, best of my recollection. Can you check the charger amperage? Hope someone pipes in. :)

Yes, that and the clock in the radio. Disconnect the battery and measure the drain with an ammeter is the only way to know for sure. Cheers

Will do as suggested...thanks for the info!

Also keep in mind that the computers are always on and they burn power. If the draw is higher then the float charge it will always be in charge mode.

Also keep in mind that the computers are always on and they burn power. If the draw is higher then the float charge it will always be in charge mode.[/QUOTE

Novice here. (my disclaimer) I've been running a Battery Tender Plus and when mine is first hooked up just after doing a 20-30 minute engine warmup, mine will go to charge "red" mode for a period of time maybe 15 minutes then it will turn green and pretty much stays green after that. I have gotten in my car to get a T-bird fix in teh middle of winter in the garage and listened to the radio for 5-10 minutes when exiting I will look at the Battery Tender and it will be in charge mode again but then after 10 - 15 minutes it will go to green..

Hope this helps

possible---just because a battery is new does not necessarily mean it is perfectly good . try disconnecting the battery and charging it.if you get same results its the battery, . if not it was an easy elimination

Tender just turned Green after 54 hours on charge with battery at 100% voltage at 12.8. I'm again very happy with the Bird and will put charger on more frequently. Appreciated all the replies.

I get the same thing and it’s been doing it for years there is a lot going on with the electronics plus I have LoJack. I just plug it in the winter along with my boat. They both drain down and for some reason the tbird seems to never show fully charged even though it is.

Harbor Freight has them around $10. Watch for sale around $5. Have used them for years. Cheers

Back