Removing a Continental Kit from a '57

J
Last seen
My father's estate has a '57 T-bird with a Continental Kit on it. A prospective buyer is interested but he is asking if the continental kit can be removed. I am helping out my sister who is the executrix for dad's estate and my question is can the bumper be removed from the Cont Kit and then the Cont Kit removed and the bumper reinstalled back onto the car with the same bolts? It appears that this is the case from looking at the photos but I am not familiar with these cars and appreciate anyone who can help me out. Thanks!

Attachments

• 57 TBird Cont Kit 1.JPG
    57 TBird Cont Kit 1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'm pretty certain it can be removed. You need to take off the extension pieces from the body to the bumper (and the exhaust extensions) then move the bumper forward to the proper position and put it back on.

My father's estate has a '57 T-bird with a Continental Kit on it. A prospective buyer is interested but he is asking if the continental kit can be removed. I am helping out my sister who is the executrix for dad's estate and my question is can the bumper be removed from the Cont Kit and then the Cont Kit removed and the bumper reinstalled back onto the car with the same bolts? It appears that this is the case from looking at the photos but I am not familiar with these cars and appreciate anyone who can help me out. Thanks!
Yes that is exactly how it is done. The rear bumper is interchangeable with the continental kit. Plus, when the continental kit is removed, it will have a re-sale value.
Charlie

Back