Wanted center console and seats for a 1969 Thunderbird

OneAmongOthers

OneAmongOthers

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am looking for the center console for a 1969 Thunderbird. Seats too. My interior is black so I need the console to match. Also the ignition as I believe it was different from the center console to bench seat.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

There is a guy on eBay selling a rear bumper that has buckets and console. They need redone but these are getting hard to find. I drove to Michigan last month to get mine and I found it on Facebook marketplace. I have to change the color from dark green to black but that’s doable. Worst part was I had all the pieces in black and shipped them when I sold my other 70 figuring I’d never get another one. There was another guy on marketplace parting one who has the pieces but I never got pictures. That car is in NY a couple hours east of me.

I’m well aware of there being a lot of guys selling on eBay. As I said he has listed a rear bumper right now, I found out about the other stuff by talking to him. Those items aren’t listed at the moment but he will. That link is not the guy, although I did speak to him also and he’s a real decent guy even offered to help fix some ashtray sliders if I needed but he has already sold the rest of his console. I don’t know how to link it to here but the bumper is still listed

I’m well aware of there being a lot of guys selling on eBay. As I said he has listed a rear bumper right now, I found out about the other stuff by talking to him. Those items aren’t listed at the moment but he will. That link is not the guy, although I did speak to him also and he’s a real decent guy even offered to help fix some ashtray sliders if I needed but he has already sold the rest of his console. I don’t know how to link it to here but the bumper is still listed

Copy & Paste the link or what is the item number?

I didn’t think I the high back buckets were used till 70/71. And his price oh my. For reference I came home with my truck full of parts, complete interior console , mldgs, etc for 250. I can’t seem to copy any info for some reason, not sure if it may work better on computer than my iPad but the guy on eBay is a junkyard in Nevada, the guy on Facebook marketplace is in Erin N.Y.

I didn’t think I the high back buckets were used till 70/71. And his price oh my. For reference I came home with my truck full of parts, complete interior console , mldgs, etc for 250. I can’t seem to copy any info for some reason, not sure if it may work better on computer than my iPad but the guy on eBay is a junkyard in Nevada, the guy on Facebook marketplace is in Erin N.Y.
Well if you find anything let me know please. I will agree the guy selling those seats is really high. I am not paying a thousand dollars for ripped seats. He really needs to come down. Especially since he's not even offering shipping.

Also on the center console. Isn't the ignition different than the one with a bench seat? Looking at it seems like its in a different position.

I can only speak for the 70,the ignition doesn’t move with or without console. I haven’t had my 68 in 30 some years so can’t recall.

When I looked at the 1969 it looked like the ignition was offset a little. I could be wrong, but I dunno. the 1969 seems to be out on its own vs the other ones. Though in all honesty I have been trying to sell it for the last few months. I really want to get an older model tbird. Something round 62-65.

Last edited:
04621007-D6FD-4510-99A0-2ABED0F392E8.png C844081D-BDE9-447B-917C-0F46E1BE8A2C.png ACC49AE6-69F1-47ED-B1F8-6993A1227A58.png

Not sure if 69 used the bird emblem like on the 70 console or if it used the one like on the 68. That door is removable though so could be changed to what’s proper. I know the 68 has the seat belt buckle cups and by 70 it’s flat so again not sure what a 69 used. The pic with the bumper is the place parting out the car with the buckets and console. The picture from Facebook marketplace for the cars in Erin NY showed nothing but I did speak to the guy and the one car is a console car but you u can find them easy enough if you search marketplace under thunderbird parts

Here’s a pic of my 65 and my 80 I may be listing them this spring as I don’t use them that much anymore and I am out of garage space42782054-7836-4E61-9DC9-35697BA66327.jpeg05A7595A-B8CA-4F4C-BDB9-DF88C90D9567.jpeg

Do you have the actual links for those? I would be interested in the 68 console. Also that 65 is really nice, but I am doubt in my price range.

I found the listing thanks! The 68 looks closer to the 69's console than the 70 does.

From what I’ve found the sub structure will,be the same thru out the years, the upper portion (plastic) changes from having the seat belt buckles to not. The 70/71 sides are carpeted we’re the earlier used the stainless panels witch match the dash. Also the upper compartment door has the different bird emblem earlier than later. They were pretty quick to respond to me so hopefully you will have the same luck. By the way, the plastic upper section comes off very easy so swapping to what’s proper for your year is easy. Mine is apart now as I am going to be changing the color so if you get one and need pics of anything let me know

Last edited:
Back