Headers for retro bird

Carid. Com lists the from Patriot headers. They also give a stern warning about not for use on the street, which is BS. I want to know if they are easy bolt on, and how easy or hard it is to get them on.

I would call Patriot ask them specifically if this fit the retro bird. Description looks iffy.
"Fits with stock, Mustang and Vega steering.
Flat collector design for maximum frame clearance.
Will not fit GT40 “P” head". Sounds like they are describing older SBF.

I would call Patriot ask them specifically if this fit the retro bird. Description looks iffy.
"Fits with stock, Mustang and Vega steering.
Flat collector design for maximum frame clearance.
Will not fit GT40 “P” head". Sounds like they are describing older SBF.
Yeah, that description is a little iffy.

Never liked headers. Always seemed more "angry" loud rather than more "beefy/throaty" loud - if that makes sense. And, always had problems with them heat-soaking the starter.

The factory headers look pretty good. I doubt the few extra ponies would be worth the time and money.

High-flow cats make more sense than headers alone.

If improving exhaust gas flow is the goal, replacing flow-restrictive factory catalytic converters with high-flow cats will do more for exhaust efficiency than headers alone and leaving factory cats in place.

The Borla kit ... while really pricey, is designed with a purpose.

Remember the premise - "Horsepower sells cars, but Torque wins races."

Letting your engine breathe is fine and all, but you get to a point where if you open it up too much on the exhaust end, you kill usable backpressure and actually hurt your torque figures - which in turns ruins your drive-ability throughout the powerband. The Borla cat-back kit is made to open it up just a hair, but materially gives you the resonance and sound that most look for, without the mindless droning that annoy you at cruising speeds.

I used to solve sound problems by dropping in a Flowmaster 70 series and leaving just about everything else fore and aft alone, but I think this time around, I'm gonna just "buy once, cry once" and go with the Borla kit.

Letting your engine breathe is fine and all, but you get to a point where if you open it up too much on the exhaust end, you kill usable backpressure and actually hurt your torque figures - which in turns ruins your drive-ability throughout the powerband. The Borla cat-back kit is made to open it up just a hair, but materially gives you the resonance and sound that most look for, without the mindless droning that annoy you at cruising speeds.

I used to solve sound problems by dropping in a Flowmaster 70 series and leaving just about everything else fore and aft alone, but I think this time around, I'm gonna just "buy once, cry once" and go with the Borla kit.
I installed a Borla several years ago and I am quite pleased with the results. I would like to replace the stock cats with hp cats but don’t know which ones to use. Has anyone dine this?

I installed the Borla on my 2005 50th anniversary, I found it on eBay for around eight hundred. Easy install, I set my car up on jack stands on all fours pulled off the factory exhaust and installed new in three hours. I am very pleased with the sports car sound and with my K & N Typhoon cold air intake it brought my HP to 300 and 325 lbs torque, I also had a speed shop do a little adjusting to get this out of it.

Attachments

• BirdEngine1.jpg
    BirdEngine1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • Borla02.jpg
    Borla02.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Borla1.jpg
    Borla1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • Borla5.jpg
    Borla5.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG-0747.jpg
    IMG-0747.jpg
    989.5 KB · Views: 6
  • FrontViewDriver1.jpg
    FrontViewDriver1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
I'd life to hear about that roll bar behind driver's seat, is there one on the passenger side too?
Where's it from?
I had to buy a Tonneau cover and found a set of show bars for a Mazda Miata and made a couple of cuts to modify & mounted it to the cover to fit in the car.

Attachments

• Paint1-3.jpg
    Paint1-3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • Roll bar3.jpg
    Roll bar3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • Roll bar6.jpg
    Roll bar6.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • Roll bar7 (2).jpg
    Roll bar7 (2).jpg