Question on Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
O
Last seen
I read in an old post that the headlights have a "yellow tinge" that makes them look like old vintage headlights. Is this true and can you increase the bulb size without melting or discoloring the lenses?
I haven't bought the car yet, but I am strongly considering it and would like to know this first.
I really like the bright white of halogen or HID lights. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I read in an old post that the headlights have a "yellow tinge" that makes them look like old vintage headlights. Is this true and can you increase the bulb size without melting or discoloring the lenses?
I haven't bought the car yet, but I am strongly considering it and would like to know this first.
I really like the bright white of halogen or HID lights. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Better to use L.E.D. lamps (Light Emitting Diodes), which if you buy from Amazon, where they will tell you “This DOES fit your car,” OR, “This does NOT fit your car!”

In HEADLIGHTS, look for lamps that have (only) cooling fins on their back sides. Some kinds use motorized fans, and that is a possible failure point.

In December, 2018, I replaced ALL the lighting throughout my Bird with LED lighting. I am thrilled with the results!

This includes the four corner markers outside, license plate lamp, interior map lights, foot well lamps,
BACK UP LIGHTS, BRAKE LIGHTS, and TURN SIGNAL LIGHTS are ALL now LED!

LED lights are FAR brighter,

and they come on quicker, and that alone gives the traffic behind you about 18-extra feet warning distance to stop !

Access the Sylvania web site, enter your year and model of car and they will show you a chart of EVERY specific lamp for every existing socket.

See Sylvania’s short demo films online AND see all the many videos on YouTube about (Headlights) and “Everything You Always Wanted To Know About LED Lighting But Were Afraid To Ask...” (With apologies to Woody Allan!)

- Skizix Savage

Last edited:
Better to use L.E.D. lamps (Light Emitting Diodes), which if you buy from Amazon, where they will tell you “This DOES fit your car,” OR, “This does NOT fit your car!”

In HEADLIGHTS, look for lamps that have (only) cooling fins on their back sides. Some kinds use motorized fans, and that is a possible failure point.

In December, 2018, I replaced ALL the lighting throughout my Bird with LED lighting. I am thrilled with the results!

This includes the four corner markers outside, license plate lamp, interior map lights, foot well lamps,

and they come on quicker, and that alone gives the traffic behind you about 18-extra feet warning distance to stop !

Access the Sylvania web site, enter your year and model of car and they will show you a chart of EVERY specific lamp for every existing socket.

See Sylvania’s short demo films online AND see all the many videos on YouTube about (Headlights) and “Everything You Always Wanted To Know About LED Lighting But Were Afraid To Ask...” (With apologies to Woody Allan!)

- Skizix Savage
Why are you "screaming" at the reader with the large, blue font?????????

Why are you "screaming" at the reader with the large, blue font?????????

ALL CAPS is considered “screaming.” My i-Phone X is too small to comfortably read most text here. I post as I do for your (my!) covenience...

Otherwise, get a life!

ALL CAPS is considered “screaming.” My i-Phone X is too small to comfortably read most text here. I post as I do for your (my!) covenience...

Otherwise, get a life!
I do have a life (and also reading glasses). Sorry you are offended by my comment, but look across forum posts and you'll see how few posters use anything but the standard Forum font for posts and replies -- avoids consuming large chunks of valuable Forum space.

I run LED lights, they're a little brighter than factory, but the color being more natural white is what gives it the visibility you're probably desiring.

I picked up a set of 9007 LED lights from a seller named NAO on Amazon ... they worked well enough that I also put them in my Fiat 500, my VW CC, and soon on my Chrysler 300. If you want to pair LED's in the running lights in the bumper, I used a set of 921's.

Last edited by a moderator:

- Skizix Savage
What LED bulb part number did you use for brake lights?
And were resistors required?
Thanks, Tom J

What LED bulb part number did you use for brake lights?
And were resistors required?
Thanks, Tom J

I refer you to the Sylvania web site for that. That’s were my tail lamps came. They do not flicker and no resistors were required.

Wishing You Best Of Luck!

I refer you to the Sylvania web site for that. That’s were my tail lamps came. They do not flicker and no resistors were required.

Wishing You Best Of Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back