Straight pipes on 2002-2005 Thunderbird

All is working..Installed by H&R Radio, Bucks County,Pa. $300.+ /radio Install was costly, Hourly, but overall it was worth it..Looks Great & Many functions work extremely well....Put Sat antenna on center dash..No problems with reception..Do not know what to do with radio that was removed,any suggestions ???

All is working..Installed by H&R Radio, Bucks County,Pa. $300.+ /radio Install was costly, Hourly, but overall it was worth it..Looks Great & Many functions work extremely well....Put Sat antenna on center dash..No problems with reception..Do not know what to do with radio that was removed,any suggestions ???
Sell it ,donate to smithsonion ?,LOL,I have to replace mine ,cd not working,I like the radio you installed,will purchase when I get back from Fl in May ,good luck with it !

I have made a number of modifications to the "BIRD" and after due consideration, the Pioneer has outperformed my expectations..A number of points to consider when installing..Contact me when you are ready.(special points,wiring):)

My cd has not worked since I bought the car. I could use yours....

Does anyone know the diameter of pipes going into and out of stock 04 T-bird? Also, amount of offset. If you've switched to Flowmaster FX, what is the correct item number?

Pipe diameter is 2.25 inches in and out of the mufflers. You can find offsets at Magnaflow's website.

Illegal? How, why?

I have done this modification to several of my cars, most modern car computers can compensate for such minor changes. I'm looking for someone who has done it and can tell me how it sounds.
I posted a thread on this about my 2003 thunderbird, if you want a great sound and not have any issues with computer or lights in dash or cops, I would put the K&N typhoon cold air intake and then by the magna flow high flow cats they make a perfect match bolt on kit but find a custom shop to only use the two front pre cats and they will fab a crossover and connect pipe where the main mid cat would go, then right behind that are the resonators have them cut out and pipe added then your at the mufflers I would def Agree with the Borla which is why I have they sound great. I did how ever have Borla part number 140081 full car back system but in the end I only had the mufflers installed, it’s getting louder each time I drive it, now keep in mind if you don’t have the 3rd mid cat installed you will need non Foulers to plug the 02 sensor into how ever I don’t 100% agree on that option instead buy the sct tuner live wire ts part number 5051p and you can go into vehicle programming and actually turn off the rear 02 sensor and then on sct website find a sct tuner to take your bird two to have it custom tuned for max benifit for your upgrades. If you make all the performance upgrades that are talked about in hear a good tuner will be able to get you around 30 to 50 horses extra out of it, and still be safe to the car, just keep in mind these are not dragsters and are nearly cruisers. I will try and load up some sound clips, but with all the changes I’ve done the bird is still fairly quite at idle, but wow big difference when you take off. If you want basically loud talk to your custom muffler shop and have them install Borla Ataks, this will give you the most sound and keep everything running right. I’m not saying to do all of this, merely stating this is what I’ve done to mine and I like noise, everything I have is loud my truck,my bike , my bird so far the only car I have that I’ve left stock is the new 2019 I just bought lol. Hope this helps (FYI) I would def google a performance or custom muffler shop normal places like meineke or Midas just won’t be able to do what your wanting to do, and check your local and state laws prior to making lot of changes. It took a lot of trial and error and money and many trips to my muffler guys, but if I would have know what I ended up with I could have saved at least a grand maybe more, good luck and sorry for the long reply anyways hope this helps.

Does anyone know the diameter of pipes going into and out of stock 04 T-bird? Also, amount of offset. If you've switched to Flowmaster FX, what is the correct item number?
If it’s the same as the 03 I believe it’s 2.5 but that is just me over hearing my muffler guys talking please confirm before buying stainless pipes

I've done it. It sounds great if slightly "droney" during modest acceleration. It was, for me, a sensible first step at $15o thinking I could do Magnaflows if I didn't like it.
I went with MagnaFlow originally as well. Didn’t care much for the magna flows so then I ordered the Borla which was much better tone, then I matched the Borla cat back with high flow performance catalytic magna flow converters and cut out the factory resonators, now it really sounds good, was thinking of making one last change and that is to only run the two precats and have my guys install a X pipe crossover where the main or mid cat would be, my muffler shop told me it would really liven up the sound and be a lot louder and aggressive so this is my project for the coming weekend.

Back