MARILYN MONROE’S 1956 RAVEN BLACK FORD THUNDERBIRD

biddle

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Marilyn Monroe's 1956 Ford Thunderbird will be sold by Julien’s Auctionson November 17, 2018 live in Los Angeles and online at juliensauctions.com. It is estimated that it will sell for up to $500,000.

Soon after buying the Thunderbird, Monroe married Arthur Miller. A published report at the time suggests that Monroe and Miller drove this vehicle to their civil wedding ceremony on June 28, 1956 & their private wedding on June 30, 1956.

The Marilyn Monroe Thunderbird was purchased on December 20, 1955, from Westport Motors, Westport, Connecticut in the name of her corporation, Marilyn Monroe Productions. Most believe it was a Christmas gift from her business partner/photographer,Milton Greene.

Monroe owned the car for six years, gifting it as an 18th birthday present to the son of her (and James Dean’s) acting tutor Lee Strasberg just months before her death. Soon, the car will change hands again, as it will be sold at auction for the first time Nov. 17.

back.jpg Hard_hood.jpg Palms.jpg Seats.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Looks like they did a spectacular restoration, I read an artical about a year and a half ago that a gentleman in South Carolina had it, it was painted a different color from original. At the time of the artical it was was still in good condition. $500k may be a steal.

Back