1991 THUMPING

levi3410
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello, I have a 1991 Base and am having a thumping issue when I hit a bump at any speed. It sounds like it is coming from the front drivers side but you can feel it in the drivers or passengers side feet. I have replaced sway bar links, upper and lower control arms, and struts. I think it may be the u-joints in the driveshaft by the transmission but am not sure any thoughts?

Not a problem I had a problem like yours and it was the mount they're a monster to replace only to the fact you have to remove so much to get to them it's a good few hours of work

Thanks today I went out and painted my calipers red haha I had paint left over from my pinstripe and thought it would look cool with my chrome rims coming this week and soon I'll be getting white letter tires so I'm just trying to get it finished before I get my licence in April. I appreciate the help.

Cool np problem just let me know if you need any help was young once and had to figure it all out on my own lol

Yo. Levi bro, kinda beware of the prices on that site the prices are way way for used things granted some of the SC parts on there are hard to find but the prices are just mad high be sides you have the T-bird model so your parts are pretty much obtainable anywhere I'm sure dude meant well but I've dealt with the guy he's knowledgeable on the Sc's hey I know you're a youngster and cash might not be readily available all of the tome so just be sure you've checked everywhere first to get the best deal for you at the time bro like I said I'll be around for ya to get you headed in the right direction til you get to know the car and can pretty much fly on your own I know how it is with your first car so having some people available to get you straightened out is a good thing

you're welcome dude np. I'll check in from time to time if you get no reply just pm me

you're welcome dude np. I'll check in from time to time if you get no reply just pm me
I have a question. This week I will have enough for my white letter cooper tires. But I have copper wire that I am turning in for scrap and am planning on getting at least $400 (I have a lot). I want to get an exhaust with a deep/aggressive/loud motor sound. I have found bolt on dual exhaust(out the back) for $185 new. I would like to get flowmaster 40's or 44's for mufflers (to pass PA inspection) would this be the sound I am looking for? I only have the 3.8 v6 base but I don't know what they would sound like. Any advice?

Dude you better make sure that you can get the dual to fit remember alot of T-birds won't allow this due to the location of the gas tank it sucks I know I'm deal with the same inconvenience now the 89-93" from what I understand will except a dual but it has to be made for the Thunderbirds due to the bending around the gas tank area

Oh and about the sound ask the muffler shop on the sound quality to be honest I couldn't tell you I've got the SuperCoupe Thunderbird totally different exhaust and I've never really wanted to change from the stock output cause I like the low rumble sleeper sound plus it allows for under estimating my car for the fools who don't know what a SuperCoupe is and allows for wins for me lol

Hey if you can get a picture of the exhaust coming off of the manifolds to back towards the area between the front and back seats is the a resonator? I don't see my other post on this to answer your questions man really hope they didn't get lost lot of typing lost lol But my personal preference is a low healthy sounding exhaust plus these 3.8's cant really produce much of a louder type of sounding exhaust

Back