Timotbird

Tim’s 1965

1965 Convertible Dark Turquoise Metallic
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: 1Cookiegirl
A Sourdough
Tim; looking at the pictures of your green car, and of another, red 1965 convertible, I noticed the center dash A/C registers are different. Those on your car are round, of the nearly spherical style, while the red car has rectangular style registers. It looks as though there are some other, minor differences in the interiors. What causes such differences in the same model year?
Fred

Timotbird
Tim; looking at the pictures of your green car, and of another, red 1965 convertible, I noticed the center dash A/C registers are different. Those on your car are round, of the nearly spherical style, while the red car has rectangular style registers. It looks as though there are some other, minor differences in the interiors. What causes such differences in the same model year?
Fred
Hi Fred
Yes the interior a/c vents were part of an a/c package conversion to R134.
The upgrade was done by the previous owner.

Timotbird
Hi Fred
Yes the interior a/c vents were part of an a/c package conversion to R134.
The upgrade was done by the previous owner.
I think the A/C package came from Classic Industries. Included the new a/c pump, bracketing, fan, condenser, hoses and circular grill vents. The circular vents match the round dash gauges and complement the styling of the interior.

A Sourdough
Gee Whiz, it looks great! The few aftermarket A/C kits I have seen have been added below the dash, and pretty much look "clunky". I have not seen one like yours, so far as I know. Thanks for the info!

Album information

Album owner
Timotbird
Date created
Item count
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Album privacy

Timotbird

Can view media items