1967 wiper motor issues

Alan Everk

Alan Everk

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1967 that I just got. When I start the car the wiper does one slow sweep then goes back down and stays put. When driving and accelerating fast the wipers go on and stay up until I slow down or stop. The wipers only have one speed it seems. They didn't work at all when I got the car so I got a used one. I think this is just an adjustment, or does the motor seem to be bad. Any opinions would be appreciated, Thanks

You can omit the make and/or model of your car from the subject of your future posts. I edited it.

I have a 1967 that I just got. When I start the car the wiper does one slow sweep then goes back down and stays put. When driving and accelerating fast the wipers go on and stay up until I slow down or stop. The wipers only have one speed it seems. They didn't work at all when I got the car so I got a used one. I think this is just an adjustment, or does the motor seem to be bad. Any opinions would be appreciated, Thanks
1967 Thunderbirds do not have electric wiper motors. They are hydraulic and they operate off the power steering pump. If your wipers make occasional sweeps you may have a vacuum line leak.

1967 Thunderbirds do not have electric wiper motors. They are hydraulic and they operate off the power steering pump. If your wipers make occasional sweeps you may have a vacuum line leak.
they are hydraulic not vacuum. New pump, lines not leaking. I adjusted the cable, it made them a little better but not correct. I think the pump is leaking inside and is letting fluid pass. I'm going to take it apart and check it out.

Back