1955 hardtop clamps & pin location

D
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
On the 1955 T Bird Hardtop, other than the pins that fit in top of the front windshield and the pins and handles that goes behind the seat, are there any other clamps or attachments that are suppose to be on the front attachment. There are some on the 1956

Please follow the posting directions on future posts. Your subject should be the 4 digit model year and a short summary of what your post is about. "1955 TBird" is vaugue & nobody knows what your post is about.

Updated.

model-year.jpg

Yes, one on each side just behind the door jams.
F02F2FCE-E12E-41B6-AFDC-5FD2C99C75D7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please follow the posting directions on future posts. Your subject should be the 4 digit model year and a short summary of what your post is about. "1955 TBird" is vaugue & nobody knows what your post is about.

Updated.

View attachment 25353
do you have a source for obtaining the clamps or brackets for the front attachment above the windshiield?

CASCO, Concours, Larry’s, NPD, MAC’s, Tee-Bird products inc. Don’t forget the pins as well as the clamps if needed.

Last edited:
On the 1955 T Bird Hardtop, other than the pins that fit in top of the front windshield and the pins and handles that goes behind the seat, are there any other clamps or attachments that are suppose to be on the front attachment. There are some on the 1956
there are 3 clamps on each side, the rear 1/4 turn pin, front of the rear section just behind the door is a clamp, and a similar clamp on the windshield trim.20230324_150837.jpg20230324_150845.jpg20230324_150848.jpg

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: dra
Thank you for the photos. I have a top shell that needs to be completely refurbished. I am concerned that the later pins are about 3/4" too wide for the location on the car itself.

Thank you for the photos. I have a top shell that needs to be completely refurbished. I am concerned that the later pins are about 3/4" too wide for the location on the car itself.
If it is an original top and not a knock off there should be no issues. A tape measure will not lie.

Back