2002 Fuel Leak

P
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all, new member and I joined of course because I have a problem with my 2002 Thunder Chicken :) and was hoping to glean some wisdom from my fellow Tbird owners.

Have a pretty nasty fuel leak I just noticed under the car, passenger side about dead middle of the car. Been reading a lot and seems there are lots of different fuel leaks that can happen on this first year retro model, given the location of this leak was hoping someone would have a thought on this.

Thanks PT

2002s are one of a kind, But I would remove the fuel pump access plate to see if the fuel-line connections are leaking.
Does it leak all the time? or just when running?

Attachments

• fuel tank TB.jpg
    fuel tank TB.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 18
  • T-Bird-Fuel-Tank-Comparison-photos.jpg
    T-Bird-Fuel-Tank-Comparison-photos.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 19
Hello all, new member and I joined of course because I have a problem with my 2002 Thunder Chicken :) and was hoping to glean some wisdom from my fellow Tbird owners.

Have a pretty nasty fuel leak I just noticed under the car, passenger side about dead middle of the car. Been reading a lot and seems there are lots of different fuel leaks that can happen on this first year retro model, given the location of this leak was hoping someone would have a thought on this.

Thanks PT
I would suggest taking it to a mechanism, with a lift. Knowing for sure is better than all the thoughts in China - and may keep you from going kaBoom! Also TC reference doesn’t come across as funny or respectful as I am sure that you intended. Good luck with the leak.

I also have a leak in the same location, while filling the tank. It starts leaking when it gets about 1/2 full. It is at the shop now to get checked out, because I couldn't find anything just looking under the car. I'll report what they find when it is finished.

I also have a leak in the same location, while filling the tank. It starts leaking when it gets about 1/2 full. It is at the shop now to get checked out, because I couldn't find anything just looking under the car. I'll report what they find when it is finished.
I have this leak too. Fuel spills out on the ground when the tank starts to get full, about midway back on the passenger side. What did you learn?

Back