1962 Painting interior aluminum trim

P
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The interior aluminum trim on my 62 convertible was sprayed gold by previous owner. I want to paint it as close to the original color without having to replace the trim. What paint color does anyone recommend?

The interior aluminum trim on my 62 convertible was sprayed gold by previous owner. I want to paint it as close to the original color without having to replace the trim. What paint color does anyone recommend?
Ouch. Yah the gold trim was a thing. It depends on the trim. Can it be removed easily, then stripped? What was the original finish? I'm thinking the original finish was natural. I had a '66 and every piece of trim was stainless or chrome. The chrome and stainless was the priority for the sparkle.

Ouch. Yah the gold trim was a thing. It depends on the trim. Can it be removed easily, then stripped? What was the original finish? I'm thinking the original finish was natural. I had a '66 and every piece of trim was stainless or chrome. The chrome and stainless was the priority for the sparkle.
original is anodized aluminum they turn yellowish over time sometimes, this one was sprayed gold

Mine had all started to go white in patches, cleaning it made it worse so I removed it all and spray painted it in alloy coloured silver paint.

Back