3 Double Barrel Carburetors on 1966

T

Tigerone

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1966 Q car and it has 3 deuces on it. A ford mechanic told me that 70 of these cars got out of the factory before they realized it was not available to order. Can anyone verify that or found a 1966 Q with trips from the factory and not addons.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, I worked at a Ford dealership years ago and Fiancé worked at one more recently. I'd take anything said at the dealership level with a grain of salt. So many clowns working on a car lot it's mind blowing.
Story sounds made up to me. Anxious to hear about any facts. Also, I assume you mean 3 dual barrel carburetors?

Can you post a photo of the engine bay?

I have a 1966 Q car and it has 3 deuces on it. A ford mechanic told me that 70 of these cars got out of the factory before they realized it was not available to order. Can anyone verify that or found a 1966 Q with trips from the factory and not addons.

It's a great story, and I am envious of your Q-with-three-twos, but Ford stopped installing the three-two setup on the FEs after 1963.
So it did not come that way from the factory.

Sounds like a great setup, though...how does it run? Any pictures?

Thanks.

It's a great story, and I am envious of your Q-with-three-twos, but Ford stopped installing the three-two setup on the FEs after 1963.
So it did not come that way from the factory.

Sounds like a great setup, though...how does it run? Any pictures?

Thanks.
Sorry, but NO 1966 Thunderbird left Wixom with the tri-power setup! A previous owner added that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back