Wheel Center Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.
A
Last seen
If anybody is thinking about putting the newer style '04 center caps on your '02 or '03 wheels...DON'T! Here's my story to tell you why...I really like the look of the '04 Premium Wheel center caps. The white ring with "FORD" logo really reminds me of the old '50s style caps. Anyway since the '04 CHrome 7 spoke wheels are almost identical to my '03s I figured I'd replace my center caps with the '04 style. The dealer's parts dept. said it would be a special order and non-refundable so they recommended I only order one to ensure proper fit. It was a good idea! The '04 caps are darn close but absolutely will not fit on '03 wheels. I wasn't upset about buying a cap I didn't need, just depressed about not being able to put 'em on my T-Bird. All's not lost, I'm going to turn my new single '04 center cap into a unique desk clock!

'04 hubs

AJ:
I don't recall a post asking if these caps would fit. If you had one, sorry I missed it. :rolleyes:
Many of us older bird owners knew that they wouldn't fit.
Anyway, at least you have a unique desk clock :cool:

Thanks George,
I never even thought to ask. I figured nobody else could be as nitpicky as me and try such a thing! Even so, the wheels looked almost identical, it looked like a no brainer! At least I didn't buy all 4 caps. I posted this so hopefully nobody else will make the same mistake I did. By the way, I already have the quartz movement ordered for my clock!
:)

Just a note, and it may only concern my point of view. I thought it was a great idea that the name Ford did not appear on the new birds (except for the door threshold). It was talked about when they first came out. Now , even though I like the look of the new wheels, I am disappointed that they say Ford .

I keep searching for a suitable aftermarket chrome cap for my 05 but absolutely nothing out there.
I don't even think the Lincoln LS would fit correctly. At least with those I could modify them and mount
the spinners onto them.

I keep searching for a suitable aftermarket chrome cap for my 05 but absolutely nothing out there.
I don't even think the Lincoln LS would fit correctly. At least with those I could modify them and mount
the spinners onto them.
Maybe look into getting something 3D printed? I've seen some really amazing stuff done, some of it with metal or a metal-look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back