New T-Bird WISH LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Lyle:
How about adding real wire wheels, on the order of Kelsey-Hayes? If we are really into expensive add-ons, a stainless steel top would look great with some colors even though the T-Bird never had one.

Lyle
I like all the extra options wanted/desired for the Bird. Hope Ford or someone adds a few to the Bird's. Mine is an '03 to come on Jan or Feb. I want all of the extras. Had the pleasure of having driven/owned the 55-57's.
Supercharger is first. Wire wheels and engine decor second. All the mirrors and other LS options I want now.
Thanks Dennis

that concept car is pretty on track. i don't know about lp gas, but nitrous and the supercharger sounds good. too many trips down the quarter mile. i like it to look good and go, too. remember all show and no go wasn't so hot in the old days.

I'm not into fuel economy and saving the enviroment when it comes to my car. I would settle for 2 1/2 MPG for 800 - 1,000 H.P.
A high performance engine is designed to burn every bit of fuel that is injected into it to get the most performance. So high performance engines are generally pretty clean engines. Its the worn out engines that don't burn half the fuel injected into them that are really polluting the air.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Love the idea of the concept car. The picture I saw had a really neat looking grill.
Here is part of Len's post: I'm not into fuel economy and saving the enviroment when it comes to my car. I would settle for 2 1/2 MPG for 800 - 1,000 H.P.
That is OK with me Len but its a lot more than I need to beat the other car to top legal speed limits. That's why this list of ideas is mostly for options, rather than changes in car design. Although I do think 1,000 H.P. might just require a design change to keep from breaking the car in half with the gas pedal. LOL ... Guy.

I agree whole heartedly on the car needing a design change for that type of H.P. But if there was a car with that type of horsepower out there, then I wouldn't even care if it wasn't a T-Bird. I would draw the line that it would have to be an American vehicle though.

------------------
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

I hear that American made statement loud and clear! Too bad so many of our people don't give a darn. We have a Jeep, a Lincoln and the T-Bird. There is a lunch place not far from here ... the owner has a sign up that says, "Need money, lost your job, hungry? Go eat your Toyota." Yesterday, the newspaper carried a story about the COO of Chrysler Corporation with a picture of him sitting on a new concept motorbike ... it was built with the V-10 Viper engine (as *** is my witness). The article stated the design specs call for 400 MPH! How does that wet your whistle?
By the way Len, my '02 T-Bird is the same as yours except I got all black seats. I'm too lazy to clean those yellow inserts. How do you like the yellow trim? Best regards, Guy.

I really like the full accented interior. When the car is parked and people are admiring, the inserted seats get a lot of compliments. Also Guy, the name is Lon not Len. No big deal, just thought I'd let you know. I saw that bit on the motorcycle also. I like motorcycles, but 400 MPH on a crotch rocket is a bit much. I've done 275 MPH in a Funny Car at the drags. (That was about ten years ago) Think I'll stick with something that has a little metal around me.

------------------
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

Two extra I forgot from my original list:

1. satalite radio
2. 6 Speed Manual Tranny

------------------
TBird2003
03 Torch Red with Perf. White Top and Full Red Accent
1996 4.6L Mustang GT Conv. with performance enhancements

#27-Satellite Radio
#28-6 Speed Trany - Yes, I wonder why that Ford Rep who told me they didn't put in things like gas mileage cmputers so the car could be more a pure sports car forgot about a manual transmission. Wow, that is really the biggest flop Ford took on this car. The mistake of not putting a manual transmission into a true sports car design rivals the Edsel! Need to acknowledge that mistake in
Lon's name ... sorry folks, it is Lon not Len and I'm sorry pal. Guy at Harveys Lake.

guysfun:

In my reference to adding a stainless steel top as an option you mentioned the DeLorian. I did not have that in mind, but it would be appropriate. Actually, I was picturing the Cadillac Eldo Brogham of the mid-50's which had such a top. It looked good on that car and would look equally inviting on on the T-Bird--- but it would be an expensive option.

Lyle

Hey, glad to see my friends are agreeing with me on the supercharger over the detuned 87 octane model. I like all the ideas to make the bird even better. The tranny could have a select shift automatic like the BMW's offer. I use that 5th to 4th gear slap shift a lot to save on the brakes when traffic slows on the e-way.

Flyboy.....didn't the Selectshift type transmission wish already come true for 2003?

As for a stainless steel top, that would add a lot of weight to the car, not to mention heavy to lift on and off.

Ford could add:
1. Fix glare from guage cluster so we can read the mileage with the top down.
2. Move the mileage reset buttons from the guage cluster to the dash area.
3. Memory seats (3 settings, one for exit), mirrors, radio stations, etc.
4. 6-spd manual transmission with 0.5 6th gear ratio.
5. Higher overdrive gear ratio for the automatice transmission.
6. Runflat tires and rework trunk to make use of space were the spare is now.
7. Auto dimming mirrors.
8. Supercharger with power equal to the S-Type Jag (394 HP).
9. Real Sport (racing) Seats.
10. Radio that plays MP3's.
11. Navigation System, Onstar, etc.
12. Make hood scoop functional.
13. Magnesium wheels to save weight.
14. Add child safety locking mechanism to the drive seat so I can lock the seatbelt for aggressive driving.
15. High intensity headlights like Acura uses.
16. Replace the hand emergency brake with a foot brake that releases when the car is moved out of park.
17. Move the windshield washer button to a location that does not allow for accidental activation.
18. Bigger rearview mirror.
19. Move the side mirror controller to a better location.
20. Breakaway side mirrors like the 03 Cobra has.
21. Alarm - add - autostart, gps location, and window down/drop (I hate having to explain to everyone who rides in the car to pull the handle, wait for the window drop, then pull the door open).
22. Adjustable suspension settings.
23. Lockable gas door.
24. Guages - add - voltage, fuel pressure, oil pressure,and oil temperature.
25. More aluminum in the interior.
26. Visors - Add extra set like the 1995 Bronco has. Add pull down sun filter to them.
27. Lose 500 pounds from the car.

Well, these are a few of my favorite things and if Ford adds these, I would trade-up to the 2004 T-Bird. Otherwise, I will see just how many miles I can put on this one. It is a great car!!! I sold the 1995 Bronco on December 18, 2002 and the T-Bird is now my primary driver. It is great to downsize.

Well, this mystery man from Arlington VA certainly has his thinking cap on! It is real good to see a person this bright join this discussion. Some of his comments were really in the form of product changes to existing features so I sifted out the rest and came up with nine (9) new options for the car. Here they are in numerical sequence. This brings the total up to 47 options ... wild!
39. High intensity lights (xenon as Benz).
40. Foot activated emergency brake, with automatic letoff.
41. Breakaway side mirrors as on Mustang
42. Alarm Enhancement - add autostart, and GPS theft locator.
43. Automatic window drop for door entry (mine seems to have that ... maybe I got this wrong).
44. Adjustable suspension/ride control
45. Add full gauge package: Volts, fuelpressure, oil pressure, oil temperature.
46. More interior aluminum trim.
47. Light weight package ... R&R components for a 500 pound weight savings.

------------------
Guy Giordano

Thanks for the compliment.

For clarity, I wanted the auto drop window feature to be tied to the alarm remote, as well as, the door handle. This way when you unlock the doors the windows drop prior to pulling the door handle. Also, the feature for the alarm window drop would have to be able to be activated or deactivated for times when it is raining. Maybe just an extra button on the remote dedicated just for the windows. It really could just roll them all the way down.

Thanks,

Paul from Arlington, TEXAS.

I agree with almost all the wish items. The hood scoop however can not be functional in its present position as it sits in a low pressure area. The only spot for a funtional hood scoop is right in the front of the hood where the pressure is greater.

The biggest wish is for an aftermarket chrome strip to put on the back sail so the hard top rubber does not etch the paint. Much like the old SL's use to have. It would not be cheap, and probably require professional installation, but it would look sharp.

Others have reported this problem elsewhere in this forum. I recall reading that a company in the aftermarket business offers something for this problem. As I recall, it was some sort of clear plastic that could be formed with a heat gun to adhere to the paint and prevent scuffing. I think they also had it for the below front bumper area as well. Some members reported good results with this stuff. Hey, but yours is great idea and it will be added to the official list. It sounds like it might better be a factory running change rather than an option. This is something every car should have. Thanks, Guy Giordano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back