Borla Exhaust Installation Tips 2003-2005

Well I got the Borlas on my 2005 yesterday...Used a floor jack, a jack stand and four 2x4s. Used the 2x4s as a ramp to raise front end to give me a little more clearance. The 2 bolts holding the exhaust on came off with little effort. The rubber hangers were another issue all together. Used some wd40 for lubrication, however getting ones hands and fingers to work in that tight space was tough. Probably would have been best to use 4 jack stands. Was able to remove old exhaust in a little over 3 hours. New system went on in less than 40 minutes laying on my back. Had to replace 1 torn hanger which cost about $6. from Ford. They had universal rubber hanger that worked out fine. A new replacement OEM hanger would have cost $49. The OEM comes with the bracket and is NOT sold individually. Can you say scam....Followed instructions provided and all ended well.
The sound is incredible and the HP increase was noticeably. Can't wait till it's really broken in.
Total cost with the hanger $980.
NO LABOR
Thanks for all the input I received.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got the Borlas on my 2005 yesterday...Used a floor jack, a jack stand and four 2x4s. Used the 2x4s as a ramp to raise front end to give me a little more clearance. The 2 bolts holding the exhaust on came off with little effort. The rubber hangers were another issue all together. Used some wd40 for lubrication, however getting ones hands and fingers to work in that tight space was tough. Probably would have been best to use 4 jack stands. Was able to remove old exhaust in a little over 3 hours. New system went on in less than 40 minutes laying on my back. Had to replace 1 torn hanger which cost about $6. from Ford. They had universal rubber hanger that worked out fine. A new replacement OEM hanger would have cost $49. The OEM comes with the bracket and is NOT sold individually. Can you say scam....Followed instructions provided and all ended well.
The sound is incredible and the HP increase was noticeably. Can't wait till it's really broken in.
Total cost with the hanger $980.
NO LABOR
Thanks for all the input I received.
The Borla pipes are pricey but well worth the cost. I installed my system seven years ago and immediately noticed an increase in performance.
But oh, that new sound! Low not loud, deep not disturbing, melodious not militant. It's a rich blend of muscle and resonance!

The Borla pipes are pricey but well worth the cost. I installed my system seven years ago and immediately noticed an increase in performance.
But oh, that new sound! Low not loud, deep not disturbing, melodious not militant. It's a rich blend of muscle and resonance!
have had my on 5 years and the old they get the louder they get, when I put my foot into it sound like you at the race track, put them on when I had the head on my 3.9 redone, so now more hours power and Borla and K&N if figure about 340 hP now and she runs great

Gotta laugh at talking to a manager for a Cheaper price ballsy move but I guess it paid off

Back