'66 front shock installation bushings

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Bought some Bilstein shocks for my '66 and they came without the metal bushing for the lower mount. My mechanic says they need to have them as do the stock ones. The parts supplier says they are not used. Anybody know the proper set-up?

Thanks, JP

I installed new Monroe shocks in my 65 last month. They came with the bushings. The bushings are serated on their ends to make a solid attachment to the mounting bracket.

Bought some Bilstein shocks for my '66 and they came without the metal bushing for the lower mount. My mechanic says they need to have them as do the stock ones. The parts supplier says they are not used. Anybody know the proper set-up?

Thanks, JP
Use your old ones

I installed new Monroe shocks in my 65 last month. They came with the bushings. The bushings are serated on their ends to make a solid attachment to the mounting bracket.
How do you like the performance of the Monroes?

How do you like the performance of the Monroes?
Unfortunately I"m not an expert when it comes to vehicle suspension. I just knew I needed new shocks. I would suggest upgrading the swaybar would have a much greater effect.

Use your old ones
Thanks
Unfortunately I"m not an expert when it comes to vehicle suspension. I just knew I needed new shocks. I would suggest upgrading the swaybar would have a much greater effect.
Yea, I'm, less concerned with body roll than I am with the car's ability to handle bumps. The front is way too soft which is why i'd like to stiffen it up with good shocks and springs. There seems to be a lot of issues with replacement shocks out there and the coil springs are even worse to source.

Back