57 Glove Box Pareti

OhioTbird

OhioTbird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Last week I broke something on the glove box. It used to close perfectly but after I opened it on Saturday, it no longer latches. The pictures show the bottom door still has the welded catch. The top looks like it's missing something. I looked around the box but no missing or broken parts.

what am I missing? What do I need to order?

Attachments

• 38456530-EA8E-43F2-A1DD-ADB97B64C2D3.jpeg
    38456530-EA8E-43F2-A1DD-ADB97B64C2D3.jpeg
    576.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 3B04081C-CB78-4C8C-9D0D-BDD4A9FD0C26.jpeg
    3B04081C-CB78-4C8C-9D0D-BDD4A9FD0C26.jpeg
    941.8 KB · Views: 2
There is a catch that does hang down that appears missing in the 2nd picture. I would take out the glove down (order new one, not that expensive around $20) and see what elements remain and then order what is needed.

I had a similar problem. The problem turned out to be the lube that had been used ???? had solidified. I scraped it off and added a light coat of white lithium and it now functions properly.

I had a similar problem. The problem turned out to be the lube that had been used ???? had solidified. I scraped it off and added a light coat of white lithium and it now functions properly.

that could explain the no missing parts. Perhaps it's just stuck up there.

thanks. I'll give it a try.

Last week I broke something on the glove box. It used to close perfectly but after I opened it on Saturday, it no longer latches. The pictures show the bottom door still has the welded catch. The top looks like it's missing something. I looked around the box but no missing or broken parts.

what am I missing? What do I need to order?
Mine does the same thing. What I've found is that the latch pin gets too high and sticks up in the housing and consequently a little to the side. A flash light and small probe will allow you to pull the latch pin into place and drop back down. I've been doing that for some time as I can get it to work but haven't taken the time to investigate the reason. I have bigger fish to fry at this point. Just push the button enough to get the door to release the door until you can find why it's traveling too far.

Last edited:
Fixed. The latch actually flipped all the way up and over. I reached up there, felt around and pulled it into place. Mow it works as it should.

Back