1993 keyless entry

Tbirdjohnny

Tbirdjohnny

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a newly purchased 1993 thunderbird in teal I purchased with 27k mike on the Odometer! It’s a v6 and I’m installing a keyless entry and remote start. I’m having trouble with the locks . I believe I need relays for the remote start to control. Has anyone ran into this and have any info? Thanks!

I have a newly purchased 1993 thunderbird in teal I purchased with 27k mike on the Odometer! It’s a v6 and I’m installing a keyless entry and remote start. I’m having trouble with the locks . I believe I need relays for the remote start to control. Has anyone ran into this and have any info? Thanks!
To elaborate the remote start is working just not the keyless entry or trunk popper....

Yes the system is working. I can’t get the door locks or the trunk popper to trigger. I’m thinking I have to wire in some sort of relays or something. I’ve only installed these systems on newer cars not one this old. The two trigger wires are labeled (unlock (-) 200ma) and (lock (-) 200ma) I connected to the grounds but nothing happens. The trigger wire to the lights, horn, remote start, everything else I have working just not the lock mechanisms.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back